Last night in my dream I told my mum I had gotten a new part-time job...and she had told more people than I wanted her to and done so very quickly. I hated the idea and tried to figure out what I should do, if anything.
Then, RANDOM UPON RANDOM, I saw my mother in Guelph this afternoon (she lives in Toronto) as she and husband were stopping at a flower shop in the same strip mall as I was Tim Hortonsing. (HOW RANDOM but not...really random.) So, I was able to tell her in person!
"Did I tell you I got the job?"
[cheerful, lilting tone] "Which job? You've been applying to so many jobbies..."
(insert here a subtle piece of encouragement and relief - she knows I'm trying)
I laugh briefly and with a half-smile, jump in: "Oh, OK. I had a dream that I told you so I didn't know if I had done it in real life.."
My voice trails off there because I realize how ridiculous it sounds. (But it was one of those things where I didn't realize it wasn't real until I said it out loud.)
--
Also in my dreams/dreaming I was running hard for a long time but I couldn't manage to tire run as hard as I wanted to. (How frustrating is that??!?)
I just wanna run so bad, so bad, so bad.
Today was the first day I can remember being glad to see Spring. I usually spend my time focusing on how ridiculous it is that people whip out the bikinis at the first glimpse of snow meltage. But today...today I had that "it's great to be alive" feeling. The weather felt great. And I'm excited that warmer weather means better running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment