First time I've heard this: "You have a beautiful voice. It's unique and ...exceptional," straight face and earnest handshake throughout.
First time I've experienced this: talking to the bus driver for the entire duration of my ride. I've had short conversations with a handful of bus drivers (but never longer than a minute or two and only if I'm very comfortable and they are very friendly) over the last x number of years I've been riding the bus. I guess it's been about twenty. I happen to be friends with the bus driver so it doesn't count in the same way. Still, I'm grateful for the unique experience. (61)
First time I've received this: an unsolicited "It's not your fault." (62)I don't know how to describe the relief that washed over me. There was another emotion, one that I don't feel often and also don't know the name of but it rang clear and ran deep. I don't know how I kept my composure and didn't slink into an unburdened lump on the floor or the chair beside me.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment