Sunday, 16 May 2010

I'm not a typical tourist.

(Might you have guessed that?)

I don't want to see what TOURISTS come to see -- necessarily. I want to see what the natives do. I want to experience their location from their perspective. I guess that's not..what tourism is about, EXACTLY.

I think this will probably change later in my life. I'm happy to attend tourist attractions if I'm traveling with someone who's interested. And I almost never go abroad when I don't know someone in the destination. Maybe...just..the UK, actually is the time I've done that. And I went with people I knew so that hardly counts. I like people more than places and things. (That sentence was brought to you buy the simplified definition of the word "noun".)

I think I like Seattle but I donno why yet. I think I am loving the favorable weather I've seen in all three cities I've been in since Frides because my neck of the woods has been overcast and drizzly for a while. These skies are CLEAR upon clear upon clear. I feel like the air itself is cleaner as well though I'm not sure if that's true. Hmm.

I hope I have more to say later.

Ah - no I also visited a couple cities in Scotland during my final weeks there when I had no work to do. Yes, I went to Stirling and to Dundee (I think it was Dundee, geez...) on my own without knowing anyone in those cities. I definitely went for the sake of going and to see some tourish attractions. Gotta say: best part was seeing the William Wallace MONSTER statue from miles away. It truly is impressive. I love history. And lore.
[EST]

No comments: