Monday, 28 June 2010

Out of all my baby-having friends or acquaintances of the past few years, the closest one to me yet has had a baby. I am surprized by how overjoyed I am about it. I'm happy enough, even, to wait until we meet organically. I want them to have their space.

I ended up calling for something else the next day and relayed in a text-message to another friend that the husband/father was "soooo nice! His voice sounded so soft." It wasn't the softness of tiredness - that's usually more grumbley, anyways. It was the softness of bliss. It was just fantastic. I think maybe he was hushed as well because the babe was feeding. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation and was grateful when he took my "congratulations" to heart. I can't believe it. Babies are precious.

Earlier today I held a sweet and cute baby for maybe five or ten minutes, not realizing until she was in my hands that I hadn't held an infant in what I think is one or two years. They really are lovely. This baby made me think of my friends' baby and my anticipation of meeting him grows. He's going to be great, I'm sure. And I am so content to wait until I get my chance. It's too wonderful. God makes --


God is good.
I leaned hard on Him earlier today in a way that meant He had to come through or I was bust. I'm so amazed that He ...lovingly gives more than I ask. I just can't believe it.
I CAN believe it; there must be a better way to describe what I'm thinking. I'm very grateful for His provision in this way and I feel silly that I was going to take the alternative of struggling along with rags & scraps.


God has shown me many things today. I don't know how many to list here.

-One is a slightly different perspective on one of my jobs (that needs further working out but is an exciting seed planted)
-One is a change, a better decision made, in an area of particular struggle that I find intriguing & compelling like pursuing the white rabbit (again this needs working out, if not simply reinforcing)

He's also shown me how to be close to Him when I'm exhausted.
He's building in me a love for the Bible (as per my requests of late).
I hope to see Him better and know Him more. I hope to get closer to Jesus.

-Another new thing today was changing the way I reflected on mistakes and obstacles in my other job (but this one will is such a huge shift that I don't even know how to finish this sentence).

---

I realized a few days ago that I'm very action-obsessed. Apparently I can't handle NOT doing something because otherwise I'm wasting time. Like...when I lie down to go to sleep I take a book with me or Sudoku or my calendar so I can make plans, etc etc. Like I can't just LIE there and wait for slumber to come...like normal people do...like I'm supposed to.

Dryer in. I'm outty.

No comments: