Who is this scrumptious-looking man who's cleaning up on Jeopardy!?How you gonna have looks and brains? I don't understand.
His name is Jesse and he looks like a young Dean Cain if Dean Dain were an NFL linebacker. Yowza.
Other things I don't understand:
-why people start smoking cigarettes, and
-why no one told me my ear was bleeding but instead just looked at me funny. (I wonder if they thought it was a Hallowe'en-related prank.)
Last thing...a text exchange I found very amusing this evening:
My friend sent me two medium-length texts in a row that were answering two of my questions. I knew she was about to hit the gym (and that there really wasn't much to say in response) so I sent a simple "Dbl rgr" to confirm that the message was received and understood. Just a few weeks ago I had used "Rgr" with her in a similar situation but she didn't recognize the abbreviation which made it seem even lamer because taking the time to explain it means it's not achieving the inherent goal of an abbreviation! I learned it from another friend who is the biggest nerd of life and the sheer entertainment factor of this fact/origin makes me want to use it to mock nerdiness in general.
The shortening of a five-letter word to three letters, to me, is just off-the-charts lame. I was trying to mock the second term, "rgr", with the first, "dbl", for "double". Who even says "Roger" anyways, cept for those in the military or on CB radios, etc?? Ha. All very amusing to me.
She writes back to confirm: "Double roger?"
And I, enjoying that her clarification increases the geek factor, reply, "Haha when in doubt, continue to assume I'm a nerd."
SHE replies, "D & d," and I almost keel over in the grocery store. I couldn't believe it....
She meant "done and done" but my gut reading was "Dungeons and Dragons". And then the two overlapped on one another...too much. I asked if it was a masterful play on words and she said she supposed it could be. I'm choosing instead to presume that she intended it as a very cunning double entendre that mocked me and mocked Internet lingo and mocked gamers and mocked the conversation. JUST fantastic. hahahah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment