Monday, 18 October 2010

something to blog about?

There should be much to say.

Maybe I will make a disjunct list. Maybe I will look up the word "disjunct". (Can you really start a sentence with the word "maybe"? I guess.... "It may be that..." yep.)

ha! didn't know all of these:
1. disjoined; separated.
2. Music. progressing melodically by intervals larger than a second.
3. Entomology. having the head, thorax and abdomen separated by deep constrictions; disjoined; disjointed.

Firefox insisted it wasn't a word. ..Firefox was dead wrong.
It doesn't quite mean what I wanted it to, though, so maybe Firefox was just looking out for me.

in any event,
-I need to learn a new kind of grieving and soon
-I am supposed to be working on a ministry review right now but it's driving me mad...so I'm here
-I think my keyboard is in worse shape than I realized..my right shift key is the only one at present that doesn't work but..why can't it just be a matter of time til the others go? c'est pas un big deal
-I feel like I have had good face-time with many people this week..but actually not enough time with any one of them
-just a little while ago I gained a big appreciation for men who are sole breadwinners (it's not the case in every family and that's fine. I was just thinking about a family I know with four kids and a mom who never "had to" work...gosh. I don't appreciate men enough, really. I want to re-hear all the things I've been told about what the stress of leading and providing for a household does to a man. I am armed with good dose of empathy..or something. I-get-it-ness, is kinda the word that comes to mind. it's not that I see his struggles as bigger than the woman's but that they are unique--and that means something to me.)
-I don't know anything
-I'm tired
-I should be working
-I sound like I'm complaining right now..maybe I am. I think this is maybe the equivalent of taking a quick jog around the block to get your blood flowing...I'm trying to write and output to make my brain more able to think about and produce these ministry reviews.

-I wish I could use names on this blog so I could more easily rave about people I like..and people I was hanging out with recently. hahaha I should assign code names! hahahah...hmm this is not the worst idea I've ever had.
-I've been half-toying with the idea of a not-series (but maybe actually a series) on Transparency. I wondered what it might be like if I wrote a couple posts with no filter (save for names)..with none of the normal ambiguity I choose to blog with. I thought for just a few...I could write exactly what I'm thinking or what I'm talking about, instead of talking more about the theoretical or whatever else I talk about. Ah. It could be Pandora's Box up in here; I'm not sure. This is the Interweb, after all.

something to think about.
ministry review.

"disjunct." Dictionary.com Unabridged. Random House, Inc. 18 Oct. 2010. [Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disjunct].

No comments: