(I just don't know what they're for. They drive me nuts. It's probably one of those perpetual (perennial?) lessons on you-can't-always-get-what-you-want-isms. Or on patience, or on let-it-go-ness. I don't really like any of those things at the moment I'm standing in the bathroom looking in the mirror. But there it is!)
Makes me feel a little bit weird that I have the titles of three television shows on my roll-over to-do list. It is weird that I haven't been able to watch the handful of shows I follow faithfully at their normal time of airing. I'm happy that this means I don't give TV precedent over other things even though I would VERY OFTEN like to. Because of my weaked computer, watching online is somewhat challenging but it gets the job done. And there's always random reruns. And renting season DVDs. And sentence fragments.
This Monday was the first Monday in six Mondays that our small group hasn't met. (And that on that Thanksgiving/Columbus day, I missed it. Three Mondays before that was when our group started - and also the same Monday Season 7 started! Drove me mad when I discovered that coincidence.) Which means this is the first Monday in six Mondays that I could watch "House M.D." (2004-present) at its original air time. I realized this a few weeks ago and made plans to make sure I was home today between 8 and 9pm so I could watch it and love it. Shouldn't have been difficult. But what did I do? Well, I stayed out playing/practing piano until well past 9pm. (Really??) I don't know what is wrong with me. I don't know how I gave it up. It's not like I can't watch it online tomorrow; I know that. Also, it's not like show is THAT important to me..if it was canceled tomorrow I wouldn't be sad for very long.
It's the principle of the thing! I wanted to do something that I have been barred from doing for a long time. But, apparently I also REALLY wanted to play piano.
gosh, what a weird thing to write about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment