me: they were wed under a chuppah (out of respect for [his] Jewish heritage, je believe)
the ceremony was short in a good way
she was VERY smiley (though this is her always)
they matched so well together I'm in awe
he has really grown up..I am amazed and am amazed at God
22:30 their families blend very well; his parents are amazing rocks in their faith and have an amazing marriage bond themselves...I felt humbled listening to their speeches to their son (and daughter-in-law)
22:31 her parents are delightfully jovial, sweet, sincere -- and it's cool to see that reflected exactly in [the bride]
22:32 first dances were very nice (I usually don't watch them because they are so cheese but these ones were just love-y)
22:33 (their wedding was bumped up from next summer because her dad very likely won't be around by then so there was a kind of bitter-sweetness to much of the day but it was incredible to see that their joy wasn't doused)
well, her joy, especially
22:34 I see they complement one another very well...I want to be able to get to know her better..it's strange to MEET her on their wedding day..and maybe even stranger that the last time I saw him was, like, late August 2009
still - good and God is good.
end
oh - best man and maid of honor speech both awesome
I didn't know what to expect, especially in terms of meeting her on the wedding day and not having seen him in more than a year. I realized during the ceremony that it's a big deal that I was invited and a big deal that I could be there. I am very grateful on both counts. (82)
I don't particularly like receiving lines and I skip most of them. I almost skipped this one but decided to man up and I am GLAD I did. The groom gave me a real hug (83) and said some incredibly encouraging and flattering things, maintaining eye-contact. In a receiving line it's supposed to be the guests who say those things to the new couple.
I couldn't believe it. I remember the first, second and fourth things he said word-for-word but the in the middle it was a blur because I started thinking, "I don't know how to respond to this!" but then caught myself and tuned in again.
It truly was a beautiful day. (84)
No comments:
Post a Comment