It astounds me that I am not falling apart. It astounds me how much I have seen people's characters flushed out in painfully plain view.
I am astounded by God.
I have no idea what He's doing...but I am so full of hope it's RIDICULOUS. Like, I should be crying and complaining over all of what's happening in my work places, my church, my life, my relationships but it is necessary turmoil and GOOD THINGS WILL COME. It's amazing. I cling.
James 1:2-3 won't leave me alone.
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
Consider it pure joy - and I do. I do. I am joyful today and last night because I know God and I know He works good through all things. I read a silly email last night that at first was incredibly discouraging but as I thought about it (and caught up on a slew of more emails) I realized that it was good to see things come out in the wash. I also realized I have nothing to fear and I am happy that I can think of no better time to say, "Enough is enough."
I wish I could write more explicitly about what I'm referring to but right now I can't.
People are silly. I am not innocent.
Some very thick lines were drawn in the sand today. More will be drawn yet and I have some to etch myself. I am OK with this. I am encouraged and I hope to encourage (one in particular).
I am going to sleep so well tonight (in about 180 seconds) it's not even funny.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment