Sunday, 29 May 2011

I literally put on nerd glasses to type this post.

I literally have a pair... they are literally on my face. "Literally" is one of my favorite adverbs.

This is how my random list for "Comptez Vos Benedictions" was generated:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.IO;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace FarqIsDumb
{
.........public partial class Form1 : Form
.........{
.................private IEnumerable iNumbers;

.................public Form1()
.................{
...........................InitializeComponent();
.................}

.................private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
.................{
...........................System.Random rnd = new System.Random();
........................... iNumbers = Enumerable.Range(1, 100).OrderBy(r => rnd.Next());


...........................this.printToFile();
..................}


..................private void printToFile()
..................{
...........................string mydocpath =
..................................Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments);
...........................StreamWriter fileWriter = new StreamWriter(mydocpath + "\\out.txt", true);

...........................foreach(int iNumber in this.iNumbers)
...........................{
..................................fileWriter.Write(iNumber.ToString() + " ");
..................................fileWriter.WriteLine();
...........................}
...........................fileWriter.Close();
...................}
.........}
}




:) :) :) :) :)


I don't know what it is about "nerdy" things that I enjoy so much but I had better figure out what and had better find a less colloquial adjective to replace the term. I like this kind of thing (just like I like physics and mechanical engineering) but I don't have real plans to pursue any of it in a real way. I like ...learning and dabbling but... I mean, what good is that - never digging deeper than a basic understanding and appreciation? (Who knows...?)

Let the fun begin!

3 comments:

Silas said...

um what!? you program!? this looks like C. or a C variant. you surprise me again.

Jesskah said...

Oh, I should not have misled you... I didn't write it. I keep nerds on retainer.

Jesskah said...

(It's C#, I was just informed.)