Tuesday, 30 August 2011

artists are so cool. I don't get/see what/how they see.

This morning was the first time I addressed God as "Father". It was great. I didn't twist my arm or wasn't trying to make a thing either. It was cool.

With another residence move, I am AGAIN confronted with the need for me to have FEWER possesions. It's a joke.

I hope to find (read: make...) time to go through boxes with a fine-toothed comb.


Turns out that "Quiet Time", as I knew it, is not that important or useful. Someone I know ran over it with a truck but I actually drew the conclusion from my own thinking through, in the wake of that.
Quiet time, as in time to remove & ignore distractions; to face the unfacables; to grapple with the put offables; to clear the mind; to unwind & re-energize - I have discovered -, is completely essential for me. I have long time known I need "alone time" (evidenced by snapping, lashing out, withdrawing, bitterness, etc in its absence), but, now that I understand that MY walk with Christ must involve quiet/alone time, I see QTing differently. It keeps me on track, balanced, connected... It's good. Other people do other things. (I still think One-on-one time is necessary but how it looks is another story.)

(Kind of an abrupt ending because this stinkin ball game is so engrossing.)

No comments: