1- S___ started a sentence to his coworker with, "She (meaning me) made me smile when..." and I literally didn't care what the end of the sentence would be.
2- Nice lady asked me Monday if I'd be in Tuesday and to my "yes" she chipperly announced, "Well, I'll see you tomorrow then!" I didn't know our rapport was so rapportful.
3- On Tuesday Miserable S____, after many disbelieving, non-comprehending, cuss-laden, outdoor-voice questions concluded, "You're a strange bird." I only nodded without looking up and said, "I know," very quietly.
He intimidated the crap out of me that day and I mostly regret not pushing through and making the effort to be friendly. I wonder if the threat of rejection is always a part of intimidation. It takes much courage to initiate with someone who is (that) closed... I just didn't have the stamina - or the willingness that day to look a fool while he did his pseudo-haughty, half-apathetic thing.
And still, as soon as I had walked out, my heart sank with regret. I only get two days per week with him but lately it's been barely two because Tuesdays require me to be on the first bus outta there.
I wish I had talked to him. Here's to next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment