First day back in the office and it's weird. Only one of my coworkers is about. Even the two who are only on for the summer have been raptured away. Two open, lighted offices with backpacks, open laptops, and half-drunk coffees. Why did I expect something more triumphant?? Ha. I wanted this place to be humming when I returned so I would need a running start in order to jump on in. Ah, well. I think I can handle a slower start.
I also think I miss singing. I don't know what's happened but I haven't done it in weeks and it's starting to weigh on me.
Every time I go away--particularly when I visit art galleries and museums (culturriffic things)--I generally come back inspired. I get a ravaging case of the I Could do That!s. I feel a surge. I feel my Gaston-sized lungs inflate and I decide, YES: I will do more. I will do good. I will do better.
Then you emerge from Pearson Airport and the grey industrial area filled with jaded or rude Torontonians somehow doesn't charge you up the same way.
However today, on this fake Monday, I'm still feeling somewhat ambitious. Today can be a good day or a first day or a decisive day. I don't want to say too much just now or I'll start cranking out to-do lists that will soon have me gasping for air. Let's let today be straightforward. But--eyes up, options open, and Spirit-led.
On we go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment