1 thing that surprised:
Getting a call from a friend in Nairobi!
-We email infrequently and have seen one another ONCE since she moved away eight years ago. So to hear her voice, even for only two very expensive minutes, was truly a joy.
1 thing that overwhelmed with delight:
Seeing the newest addition to the Music Ministry pour his whole self in.
-We were playing a contemporary and very upbeat song called "Praise Him" (Hillsong, 2012) with a full band at full energy and full heart engagement. This particular participant was singing though he didn't have a mic and dancing though surrounded by Baptists.
1 thing that was surreal:
Being taught how to walk (last week).
-At the end of my physiotherapy appointment, I finally mustered the courage to ask my physiotherapist what I have wanted to ask for months: "Can you show me how to walk?" She barely blinked before she started demonstrating and demonstrating then watching, guiding, and coaching me.
---
Today was a great day, not because I produced but because I wanted to work hard in the Lord and--on the strictly-inseperable other side of that coin--to rest in the Lord. He has been faithful. I have really felt the Lord's help and love and presence all today, through so many good things. I am rich.
And this, because it gripped me and because it's true and amazing:
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be the glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Galatians 1:3-5
Also, today I learned the word "antediluvian"!! Mmmmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment