Wednesday, 18 January 2006

crap and the big C

I think my life is dying in the wilderness. I think I do not know what I am doing. Sometimes I think I am illiterate because I have made at least one mistake in each of the three sentences I just typed.

Here is what Stephen Colbert had to say this evening...

He was talking about a law in Oregon that says doctors who allow patients to die (on their request) are not performing illegal activity and how disgusted he was with this acceptance of assisted suicide. He says, "If God wanted people to die, He would send ... bloodclots. I know these are people with terminal illnesses but, as Jesus said, 'walk it off.'"

I fell off the couch when I heard this, mostly out of shock but partially because I could not deal with the hilarity. I should be doing schoolwork right now but my motivation died like my childhood spirit. I'm just kidding. I never had a childhood spirit. Anyways, Colby's kinda funny and kinda sketchy. I appreciate that quote, though because, well, that's basically the way these Biblical accounts appear to us (or perhaps just me). "What's that? You have been crippled since birth? Ah, don't let that bother you. Just stand up and take a stroll around the room, get that blood flowing and those muscles working..." Something about the paltry capacity of the human brain to understand the simplest miracles of the Living God is delightfully amazing to me. Thanks, Colb, for drawing me into reverence again.

2 comments:

Gurgaon Ginthusiast said...

hey you know what i kinda agree to what u have to say here. i mena m goin thru a similar crisis right now. but you know what???i really dont understand why it happens the way it does. and sometimes i think is it happening or is it us who are looking at it this way?? i mean heard of the roof of the sisitine chapel caving in?? i men think bout it. the 1000 nuns were like hardcore devotees n what do they get a roof caving in on them?? i mean what was that a penance for past sins or a shorter trip to heaven?? the ways of god are a lil humorous. think biout it. in every game of life he has the upper hand. coz when u wanna cheat him, he knows it, u cheat him coz he lets you and then he plays his cards. what say??

Jesskah said...

I'm not gonna lie: I am pretty much very confused by this comment. Can you rephrase it? I would like to try to understand.