I don't know.
I just don't know.
Was Tom Cruise's head hair and facial hair dyed grey(-er) so that he would look older? Or ... was he supposed to be a premature greyer? Did they want his entire image to be stainless steel? (His hair matched his suit quite well.)
It was hard to believe a) because he simply doesn't look old enough to be having hair like that and b) I know who Tom Cruise is... I'd be more easily fooled by someone I wasn't as familiar with.
Hmm.
This film reminded me small-ly of 3:10 to Yuma (2007) because you have your bad guy and good guy kept in close quarters long enough to get pretty deep into eachother's lives and almost understand one another except...well, this one didn't end the same as 3:10. I'm glad it didn't but it did make the "What did your father do," kind of conversations seem a little more ridiculous.
I've finally made my mind up: Jada Pinkett-Smith is not a great actor, in my mind. I think I've only seen her in four films... Madagascar (2005) impressed me the most. And that's cool.
Do I regret watching it? Somewhat - especially for how LONG it took to get started. My Dad wanted to start around12.45...then there were delays due to other options...then there was TALKING at the beginning (yarg!) ..and then a two-hour phone conversation during a smoking break. Yeah, I'm OK with having time to myself; I was working on other stuff in the lull but DANG. I didn't think that at 5 after 3 in the morning he'd still say, "Yea, let's watch it." (We was only ~20 minutes in by that point.)
Hm. I should probably give T Cruise a few props for his Terminator face. He pulled that off quite well. Didn't FULLY scare me but it was good. I enjoyed the part where he got shot in the face - not for morbid reasons.
I appreciate Jamie Foxx. He made some faces and gesticulations like his Ray..I enjoyed that. I always think about piano when I see that guy.
It's not often you find a narrative involving a serial murderer with only two main characters and about two supporting actors. Everyone else was chump change. It's weird because the whole film just shrinks down to the microcosm of that cab...but so much is going on outisde! It's... it's almost heartless. It's like this murderous rampage, this joke of a life, a dreamer, mental instability, legal/political corruption...they're all details in the story of who this Driver and this Fare are. Hmm. It's... it's a hard one to swallow. I'd respond better if this took a short story format, I do declare.
5.9/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment