Saturday, 13 September 2008

I used to love drinking Sprite and eating 2-4-1 pizza.

We did that - our family and another family of a single mum and two boys who went to our school - every few weeks. We went to their house, ordered pizza (and pop, I guess) and then after we played games. It was kinda weird because we were never as great of friends with the boys as my mum thought we were but..well, there it. Since I hardly drink Sprite nowadays, the memory has stuck.

It was at their house that I first decided I did not like strawberries. I must have had one that was rather t-t-tart and concluded it wasn't the fruit for me. Others were rolling theirs in granulated sugar which I think I tried but I figured if I had to doctor it so much what was the point? I don't like making excuses for something to taste good. I missed out, methinks. Strawberries have become my friends in recent years and I am glad for this.

No comments: