(1) What I like: the sixteen-year-old daughter seems to have moved back in with her mum (which she needs). I also realized more today than ever how talented and what a KNACK she has for visual art/design, etc. She's going to be an impressive young woman in a few years. (I'm boggled by the fact that she's taking a sewing class. In 2010? Really? Love it.)
(2) What I just realized: the reason I have such a hard time with resumes and cover letters is that when I write things about myself I feel like I'm lying or exaggerating because I read the invisible word "always" or "perfectly" in front of all the things I claim to be or be capable of. YEP. I suppose reasonable people (the potential employers) don't expect their employees or potential employees to be perfect....do they? Honestly, I think they do expect perfection but there it is.
(3) Gmail feature I only noticed yesterday: when I clicked Send on an email in which I had edited a friend's cover letter, a dialogue box asked me if I meant to attach something because the body of the email contained the words "I have attached" but there were no attachments.
!!
Wow! I mean - it's impressive and it's useful especially when you're doing something as important as sending your cover letter and resume to a potential employer. But on the other hand it's a little creepy that these computers are reading my emails. They must know all my secrets. Just kidding. I've heard there's also a feature that asks you if you REALLY want to send if you're firing off emails between like 2 and 6am or something like that. Apparently you can set the hours yourself. (Is it called "Goggle" or something?) Coolz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment