Saturday, 1 January 2011

"Happy New Year!"

I really like that this is the one night when so many people I know stay up way later than normal..and then they become just like me. :)

I liked getting an HNY text at 1:11 and I might not have noticed if my celly didn't show "01:11 1/1/11". I am convinced the sender planned it.

My favorite HNY wish looked like this, at the close of an email:
And, happy new fandingle to you also.
Good day, sir.
Although..in her defense, I should admit that my email ended with this:
Tingles
Jambles
Happy New Fambles!
I think it was the "Good day, sir," bit that got me..I am secretly hoping it is a Willy Wonka & the Choco Factory (1971) reference.

The night still feels young. I don't want to go to sleep even though I am dog tired.

I didn't do as much spring cleaning as I wanted to today but, maybe that's what tomorrow is for. At any rate, I'm happy at the look of the fresh sheets, cases and blanket sur ma lit (on my bed).

I enjoyed sending out HNY texts to only a handful of people (individualized) as I thought of it...but more than that I absolutely LOVE how the network(s) got jammed because EVERYBODY's trying to sent "Happy New Years!" texts to all their everybodies. It's...it's quite a phenomenon.

Most fun I had responding to an HNY wish was the knee-jerk reply text saying only, "Racist!" (I'll admit I was a little surprized it came to my head so quickly but...I have no regrets.)

Sigh. Back to work.

No comments: