I shouldn't say "everything" because I don't mean that the day was (is) perfect.
What I mean is that I feel happy and rested. I lament little. I am very glad that the day was low key because I need those! (We all need those.)
it started with eight hours' sleep -- great
then there was the finalizing of plans with my morning friend -- fun and efficient
then when I finally got out of bed I received a text message that made me laugh out loud -- one of the better ways to "start" a day
then I met my morning friend for coffee which was nice because it was simply chillin (but I also laughed a lot)
then I had a bunch of hours on my own to have quiet time (which included illumination on something I've been wondering about for the past week or so), to exchange a pair of jeans (second pair = fantastic), to think and to eat dinner -- I loved not being in a rush in any way during this time
[throw in a bunch of fun and/or important textversations]
then I enjoyed a couple of card games (one victory; one loss) followed by non-talking do-separate-things-in-the-same-space play* (which I cherish whenever I can get it) where I continued reading GQ (this prolly needs to be a post on its own) and my friend slayed dragons (also has a post coming)
*if you know a concise/technical term for this, please share it with me.
finally, I got home just in time to roll my eyes at Colbert and to be impressed by Jon Stewart.
All in all, I call it a good day, and I hope that tomorrow's just as good so I won't mind going back to work by Thursday. It's all good. I never mind by the time Thursday hits. It'll be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment