Tuesday, 26 April 2011

I wasn't looking for this, I swear...

Yesterday I realized something really odd.

Ha..I decided that the only conceivable perk to developing a mental disease that ruined my mind as I know it (I'm thinking primarily of something like Alzheimer's disease) or to suffering a brain injury of some sort would be if I could hear the Gospel again as if it were new.
(I understand that if I lose my mind or cognitive capabilities I don't also automatically lose my salvation as well. PHEW.)

But...I was doing dishes the other day and had a light-bulb of an idea that said, "what would it be like to be told that a man died and then came back to life again and to be shocked by that?"

I mean...I can't unknow it, I can't forget about Christ so much that I'll be surprized someday by how the story ends. What would it be like to be SHOCKED that someone who was dead came back to life?
It's eerie, impossible, morbid stuff.

No comments: