Tuesday, 12 April 2011

merp

My refrigerator and pantry look so different today. There's something I want at the beginning of May so I have been trying to figure out how to do April with a tighter belt. (What I actually mean is that I don't want to give up much while I'm saving. hah. It doesn't work that way. I know that.) I know myself well enough by now to say that when it comes to money, I need to be placated or sweetly finessed into doing the right thing (MOSTLY).

I hammered out some numbers and decided that one way I could be sure to have the essentials taken care of and then KNOW how much was left over, would be to plan out and execute a massive grocery shopping that would take me to next pay day. I hate planning meals... I don't even want to explain it.
But..I did it and hated it less than I thought I would. Now my fridge and pantry are full of good foods and I know exactly what else I need to spend to get to next Thursday. It's doable. It's...wonderful. It's something different.

To make room in the fridge I had to remove 68 000kg of expired food and then clean out the containers and wipe down the shelf. Sigh. I don't love doing stuff like that but I did it and...also didn't hate it. I mean I just slipped into it-needs-to-be-done mode and it was good. Sigh. Thank you, Food Basics; I like your prices. :)

No comments: