Saturday, 9 April 2011

triet XXVIII

today was the first time I

-heard that Derek Jeter's first name was "Derek". I played it over and over in my head and it kept shocking me. His name is actually Derek!

-found a spider in the microwave

-was told, "see you in the murder!" with the same honest cheeriness you'd expect to have attached to "see you in the morning!"

4 comments:

Beth said...

i don't understand the Jeter revelation... you didn't know his first name??

Jesskah said...

Well... it's hard to explain cos it doesn't REALLY make sense.

There are some people who are bigger than their very names...their name represents a richness that the average Joe doesn't come close to having.

The Queen of England is the Queen of England, right? Big deal, etc. But her first name is the same as yours. So if I think about how the Queen of England's name is Elizabeth like your name is Elizabeth it boggles my mind because all of a sudden she's a human being JUST LIKE you and I.

[It's similar to the shock I often feel when I hear the "naked I came into this world and naked I depart" line (line that I don't have a reference for). Run us through the fire and we're all the same...we can't really TAKE anything with us or CLAIM anything.]

So.... Derek Jeter is Derek.
Michael Jackson is Michael or Mike.
William Shakespeare is William or Bill!
It's weird. More senseful ou non?

Beth said...

ah, i think i get it.

makes more sense than the idea that i knew something about baseball that you didn't know :D

Jelena said...

First thing that popped into my head: "did you eat it?!?!". This questions includes, but is not limited: 1) did you nuke the spidey to see what would happen?, and 2) did you contemplate eating the potentially nuked version?

I don't know what to say. I'm...ashamed, morbid, and maybe a little bit gross.