Crazy, crazy weekend. Good weekend. This morning's church service was good [read: warm & round]. It was a Mother's Day service that I actually noticed. It was cool.
I played the piano with a team for which I have never played through a full service. (I accompanied them for one song some time last year because I was the one who had transcribed the music I seemed to be the most qualified to play it.) I didn't think it would be very easy or enjoyable...but it turned out to be OK (as in I was able to put in enough practice time to be sufficiently prepared) and enjoyable. I told someone else that even the mid-week rehearsal was edifying. I felt like I was eating my words though I didn't actually voice any of my concerns or reluctance. I ...wished I had been more hopeful. Ha. Live & learn.
I enjoyed worshiping with them this morning..it was good. It was quiet and grounded.
Friend of mine who was visiting this morning said to me afterward that I was "invisible" and I must say that's the biggest/best compliment (99) I've been paid in a very long time. I forgot about that word and its place in (overt) leadership.
On my way to breakfast before shursh service I got a save-the-date email and the more I think about it the more thrilled I am for this couple. I tried to describe the groom to the friend I was with but words often fail me with this fellow. He lacks so few qualities of a good man. This also means he'll lack few qualities of a good husband and father. I'm pumped. I hope I can attend.
If I get away with not having to clean out the fridge and freezer today I will be AMAZED.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
shursh service.
ha.
Post a Comment