My respect for Jon Stewart grows by the episode. (He said the quote in the post title but that's not the kind of thing that makes me respect him more, ha.) I don't even want to expand on that statement cos I've said it all before. But, I do hope that after more weeks/months of carefully paying attention I will have a better understanding of what he is about and will be better able to make good choices/changes in my own life to reflect how I'm being challenged.
This week is one of those rare weeks when my two jobs are interfering with one another. It's OK. The week is half-way done and next week is pretending like it's going to be back to normal ("normal") so that is good.
Yesterday I immediately regretted saying, "I don't like working more than three days a week," because really, a standard work-week is five days, a fair work-week is six days and there are plenty of people on this earth who work eight days a week because they have no choice.
I didn't mean it that way.
Of course I am glad for the income and I am learning from the circumstances BUT I'm struggling with finding balance and not going crazy. I meant that I don't like doing my eight-hour-shift customer service job more than three times a week because it eats up a huge portion of my day (with the commute time and skewed sleep hours) and it can stress the crap out of me with frustration. I do officially work another day (or two) of the week at my other job but what I am discovering is that I'm running out of room to do my work-from-home work. But..it doesn't matter. It is all manageable. I should be less greedy. I should be sleeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment