(1) Today I didn't have the 15 seconds to go back upstairs to get earrings before I needed to leave the house. It is, I believe, the first time since I had my ears pierced (in 2004?) that it didn't get on my nerves ALL DAY to be without them. At least a half-dozen times I have bought a pair while out just so I didn't have to feel nakes.
Today I didn't mind. I liked that it was something different. I only really noticed when I turned my head or leaned over and expected to feel something thwap! my neck/jaw.
(2) If I don't figure out how to do something distinct and purposeful with [music] soon I will shrivel up and blow away in the wind. (That's rhetoric.)
(3) Today I participated in a group presentation that will be worth 10% of my final grade. It went well. It went weird(ly) and I made some lame jokes but that's what I do and it was fine. Before class I was having a bird* but when the superego set the id down and said, "Calm it," in a stern voice, I was better. I loudly reminded myself that God is God and this project means nothing in light of eternity. I was as prepared as I was and I needed to only do my best and remain calm. It was pretty good and I apreciate that it was challenging. I appreciate that people in the seminar engage in critical thinking with us all for 160 minutes every week. After the first proper seminar I felt so refreshed hearing people use rich words without blinking. It's what English majors (English scholars, lovers of literature) do! Pugnacious, posit, mitigate, pare, exemplify... I can't think of any of the real good ones but yeah. I don't think I have been in a group in a long time where my natural vocabulary doesn't stick out (and I end up limiting it).
Great.
(4) I've been very impressed with God lately.
This time last week, my recent decision to cut work hours to accomodate an academic workload a liiiiiittle bit exploded in my face. To pay for everything I need to pay for I would have to ______. I didn't actually know how it would work out.
I told God that I would take whatever extra shift was offered to me because I had to. Much as I relish the idea of NOT working there, I also could do with the humility, discipline and seeing more of the regulars. (It is unreal how much I missed the regulars. I think I'm being well weaned though... I feel good forfeiting control.)
I chatted with YHWH a lot about this, let Him know I realized the errors I'd made and asked if He would provide help/a solution. Then I left it. The end of my worry was cauterized - done. I then spent money as if I would have enough income forthcoming to cover my needs and the good things I wanted to do. (Yes, some things got the ax but I wasn't going to live like Jah won't provide the bread. I aint now coward, no sir.)
On Monday I learned that since I have held this job now for more than a year, I am entitled to vacation pay. My boss asked if he could put the lump sum on this next paycheque. I said, "Holy crap, Jesus -- You're good!!" I mean...good timing. Sheesh.
Sheesh.
Later on Monday a coworker's availability changed so that I've been given two more shifts for at least this week but possibly also the next six weeks. It will be one of the more grotesque juggling acts you've ever seen but I trust God to write and rewrite my schedule as He pleases.
Ahh.
(5) Tonight I made choco chip cookies from scratch to give to a regular whose birthday was this week. They are delicious. I am looking forward to giving them away. As in, REALLY looking forward because I have been hoping for an opp to go above and beyond with these guys for a long time but they just haven't had complex or demanding enough orders. There it is.
(6) Remember that time that my alarm is going to ring in five hours and twenty-four minutes? I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You now what was great? I accidentally clicked something and my browser went back in time! When I realized what had happened, I found myself staring at my old blogger dashboard (weird!).
On the plus side, it also brought me face to face with your blog, so, "alooo!".
Yeah, He is good. Amen and amen.
Post a Comment