I got to work and my coffee was already made exactly as I like it and sitting on the table.
It's a pretty good start to a day. Bring it on, Tuesday.
Boys aren't really interacting with me right now but they are interacting nicely with one another so I'm going to continue sitting cozily half-under this pillow with my coffee and try to do some blogging while "Johnny Test" (2005-present) is on.
I meant to write about some comments I heard a few weeks ago after I played & sang during my friends' wedding. Even after the rehearsal dinner people were going out of their way to find me and say nice things about how I had performed.
I donno.
They all caught me off-guard, either in approaching me or with what they said. I didn't know how to say "thank you" properly. I often wanted to ask, "You heard that?" It's hard to describe the surrealness of playing & singing in front of people, sometimes.
A couple people told me I should keep doing it and one thought I should make a career of it. I'm not that good and I don't think that's the career I want but telling me to keep singing is like telling a bird to keep flying. (Without wanting to be cliché, I guess I mean it feels an inextricable part of me.)
I don't know how to describe what it feels like but I'm grateful I get to do it, anywhere from at work to while I'm cooking. I'm glad I'm allowed to sing and sometimes I wonder what it's for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment