Friday, 17 January 2014

today I learned that I have been using the word "intimate" (v.) incorrectly.

And now, I am on the hunt for the word that means what I thought intimate (v.) meant because I like it.


Today I have been working steadily for many hours because my task is important to me. Even my conversations have been short and my lunch was spliced with a to-do list item. I kind of like that I'm not panicked in a space where I historically would be. Something is [good/different].

Tomorrow will be a big day for me with work. I hope it will be a thing.


What else is there to write about? I did that thing again where I waited too long and then I was out of practice and then I just had to write about feeling weird about blogging to break in. (And then an avalanche follows, I suppose.)


Today I'm surprised at how much more excited I am to finish the canon of Holy Scriptures (and that within nine weeks).

I've been fishing about a fair bit this evening for work and trying to skim through with one eye half-closed the portions of the New Testament and Old Testament later than where my bookmark currently sits because the insight, parallels, etc. are jumping off the page at me. Everything needs to be prefaced with "Spoiler Alert!"


Sheesh. No wonder people hungered for a Messiah.


I feel a little silly about it but it seems today is the first day I believe every preacher/speaker/believer who said you need the Old Testament to really know the New Testament. What a thing.


Today I regret not expressing my true feelings when someone rolled their eyes and scoffed at filling up a baptismal tank for just one candidate. Yes. Just one. Just one person professing faith in Jesus. Just one errant sheep that a shepherd left the rest of his flock to track down. Just one re-created heart. Just one transformed life. Just a smidgen of death-to-life action. Probably not worth a couple hundred litres of water.

Yes.

No comments: