Tuesday, 18 February 2014

It's hard being home.

Earlier today I briefly considered whether I could come up with a way to not need sleep for several days in a row. I suppose that's not a real possibility but I do wish coming to this space didn't fill me with dread and being in this space didn't feel suffocating. Hard to describe without sounding dramatic but easier to grasp if you observe how hard I work on a daily basis to make myself scarce around here. 



Anyhow,

This is what the LORD says:

"Let not the wise boast of their wisdom
  or the strong boast of their strength
  or the rich boast of their riches,
but let the one who boasts boast about this:
  that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
  justice and righteousness on earth,
  for in these I delight,"
    declares the LORD. 

Jeremiah 9:23-4

This consoled me in a new way, earlier today. It's good to know the right thing, the right Person to boast in. I wonder if humans are naturally given to boasting as we are naturally given to worship and that when we clue in to boast in the Lord our God, it finally feels right. Properly directed worship feels [good] like nothing else. Something fits in a profound way that I don't think I can describe. I guess it's just that you can truly be aware you were made for it. Like the Prince trying the glass slipper on every female foot in the kingdom, feeling that desperate ache for only one wearer. And then when the exact right person slides flawlessly into place (as if the glass slipper were only ever made for just one foot), his whole being sighs with relief. The search is over.  I will stay right here with her. Let no other trust intrude.

No comments: