Friday, 21 February 2014

um.

This arrived in my inbox a few minutes ago, a newsletter from UNICEF. I normally delete without reading them because I haven't the heart. But, this. What is this. How is this some real person's real life? 


  • Renewed fighting over the last two months in the Central African Republic (CAR) is having brutal consequences for children. The number of children recruited into armed groups is believed to have risen considerably to as high as 6,000.
  • Last week, UN partners helped to secure the release of 23 children (aged 14-17) associated with armed groups, including six girls, through negotiations with transitional authorities.
  • The 23 children are now at a UNICEF-supported Transit and Orientation Centre that provides basic education, sports, vocational and life skills along with psychosocial support while the children’s families are traced and reintegration within their communities is prepared.


  • Now I'm just staring at the cursor. (Even writing that "everything I want to say sounds trite" sounds trite.)

    No comments: